The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is working to boost its’ institutional strength with a special focus on enhancement of human resource capacity. Accordingly, NEBE would like to invite applicants for Monitoring, Evaluation (M&E) and Reporting Officer position that will support the institution with the development and revision of the M&E Log frames, risk logs and to implement a sound internal monitoring system and to report timely and adequately.
Required number: One
Reports to: The M&E and Reporting Senior Officer
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The NEBE M&E and Reporting Junior Officer is responsible for assisting the implementation of the NEBE’s planning and monitoring system in line with the NEBE’s Strategic Plan, its institutional mandate, and key objectives. H/she is also responsible for enhancing the existing M&E system by supporting the Senior M&E Officer. S/he is further responsible for developing systematic quarterly and annual reports in line with NEBE formats and standards, as well as electoral updates to relevant stakeholders.
Implement the NEBE’s M&E plans, in particular indicators, targets, means of verification and monitoring steps at outcome, output, and activity level, and in line with the Annual Work Plan and according to the institutions mandate.
- Develop plans and monitoring the NEBE’s Risks and Issues matrices in line with international standards;
- Develop and refine the internal monitoring system to gather results-based progress data and input from primary sources (NEBE) and third-party sources;
- Review of the NEBE’s Results Resources Framework, with electoral-related indicators;
- Develop NEBEs specific M&E SOPs responding to contextual challenges, according to the organizations M&E minimum standards ensuring necessary resources;
- Take part on any proposal development activities of NEBE departments and contribute inputs, especially in the problem analysis, objective analysis, overall development of log frames, and coining indicators;
- Work with departments on the capacity building activities, and support in the development of training manuals;
- Effective and timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist in preparing reports, capturing in a comprehensive analytical manner progress against results framework; including the documentation of success stories, achievements, lessons learned, risks and issues;
- Assist in writing annual and biannual plans and quarterly and annual reports to the parliament;
- Ensuring that key program learnings are integrated into the projects and across the organization (NEBE);
- Work together with the other members of the M&E team and program team on fostering technical excellence and impact of all NEBE programs, and documenting it;
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Degree in Project Management, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or other related programs
- Minimum 4 years of experience of which 2 years relevant professional Monitoring and Evaluation experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong report writing skills to internal and external partners;
- Proven analytical skills to collect, synthesize, analyze data for compiled analytical reporting writing, including identification of lessons learned and risks/issues;
- Experience in M&E capacity building advisory to stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Time management and organizational skills, with the ability to undertake multiple tasks;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to use program evaluation software, i.e STATA;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality and impartiality (Not being a member of any political party);
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management;
- Knowledge of electoral processes is an asset;
- Fluency in English and Amharic required (written and spoken).
Interested applicants are invited to send non-returnable:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post and updated CV
- Three work related referees
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through hr.dept [at] nebe.org.et
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
- Those who are interested can only apply via email within 10 days from this announcement.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!