The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is working to boost its’ institutional strength with a special focus on enhancement of human resource capacity. Accordingly, NEBE would like to invite applicants for Regional Offices Coordinator position who meet the following requirements to apply.
Required number: One
Reports to: Deputy Chair Person
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Regional Offices’ Coordinator is responsible to liaise, facilitate and maintain smooth relationship between the Regional Offices and the Head Office. Support the Regional Offices of NEBE by providing necessary information and resources based on NEBE policies, procedures, and manuals. She/he is expected to organize and follow up any request from the Regional Offices and ensure they are addressed on timely manner.
- Provide necessary support to the regional offices and enable them to perform as per their mandates and responsibilities;
- Support to resolve any administrative problems regional offices face and come up with necessary recommendations for unresolved cases;
- Process any requisitions from the regional offices and ensure they get responses accordingly and on time;
- Facilitate efficient communication medium for regional offices;
- Develop communication tools, presentations, custom reports, and so on for the regional offices when the need arises;
- Keep informed and communicate any updates from the Head Office to the regional offices and vice versa;
- Coordinate meetings and travels for NEBE regional offices;
- Review the strengths and improvement areas of the regional offices, put robust business process in place;
- Prepare consolidated plan and performance documents of the regional offices and submit to the Deputy Chairperson;
- Prepare monthly performance report of regional offices, and maintains databases on a regular basis;
- Analyze and ensure budget/spend is against their plan and reports the summary to the Deputy Chair Person;
- Suggest robust system to improve the provision of regional offices responsibility;
- Support regional offices’ effectiveness by tracking standard reports and requests for submission in a timely manner;
- Make sure regional offices are working in compliance with the rules and regulations of the board;
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- MA/MBA/BA in Political Science and International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Communications and Journalism and related fields
- For MA/MBA holders: at least 8 years of relevant experience of which 4 years on leadership position
- For BA holders: at least 10 years of relevant experience of which 6 years on leadership position.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Experience in the coordinating geographically scattered offices;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Not be a member of any political party;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality and impartiality (Not being a member of any political party);
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically;
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management;
- The ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Fluency in English and Amharic required (written and spoken).
Interested applicants are invited to send non-returnable:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post and updated CV
- Three work related referees
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through hr.dept [at] nebe.org.et
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
- Those who are interested can only apply via email within 10 days from this announcement.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!