The National Electoral Board of Ethiopia showcases the printing process and the security system of the ballot paper to political party leaders
The National Electoral Board of Ethiopia has sent a delegation of political parties and media to South Africa to visit the printing process of ballot paper.
The delegation representing political parties and media led by Fikre Gebrehiwot, top management of the board, visited the details of the printing process, technical, and security system of the ballot paper. The printing of ballot papers has started since April 3, 2021, when the board officially announced lottery for the order of candidates on the ballot paper, which is among the manifestations of its fair process. Members of the observation team from parties and the media have visited the Ren-Form Publishing Association in South Africa, one of the two publishing houses involved in this work.
During the visit, officials of the printing company have made briefings on the process and the security of the printing system. What the visitors wanted to be clarified was explained to them by the management of the printing company and by member of the board management, Fikre Gebrehiwot. A visit was made to the overall process from raw material production to the printing process and packaging system.
Parties spoke to the media after the visit and said that they were happy in what they saw and described the visit as a clear demonstration of the board's transparency. They said the visit provided an opportunity for them to have close talks among the parties themselves.
The printing in South Africa covers 45% of the ballot paper printing to be used for SNNPR, Amhara Region, Sidama Region, and also the Southwest people referendum. The remaining 55% of the printing work is being done by the Al-Ghurar Association in Dubai. During the four-day visit, Prosperity Party, the National Movement of Amhara, Representative of Hiber Ethiopia, Ethiopian Social Democratic Party, All Ethiopian Unity Party, the chairman of the Joint Council of Political Parties, and members of the media have participated.