The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is working to boost its’ institutional strength with a special focus on enhancement of human resource capacity. Accordingly, NEBE would like to invite applicants for Senior Store Keeper position who meet the following requirements to apply.
Required number: One
Reports to: Asset Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The senior storekeeper is responsible to oversees general store operations including: receiving and issuing of goods, storage of inventory, conducting stock checks, recording warehouse transactions, handling the shipment and taking deliveries, as well as guaranteeing the safe and efficient operation in the store.
- Maintaining inventory, receiving stock, placing purchase orders, data entry into the inventory management system;
- Reviews requests for supplies, materials and tools needed for future projects and answers inquiries regarding stock levels;
- Issuance of materials and supplies to all departments in the organization;
- Scrutinize all deliveries and ensure that defective or incorrect items are returned;
- Examine stock and identify depreciated and obsolete stock for disposal;
- Control the stock level and preparation of requisitions for supplies and materials;
- Stacking, arranging items in the store and properly organize the warehouse;
- Maintain up-to-date information and keep documentation of materials received and issued;
- Preserve records, prepare periodic reports and provide to the department in charges;
- Supervises regular physical inventories, including cycle counts, of all stock items;
- Uses Internet technology, other telecommunication networks, electronic mail, and manufacturer technical catalogs and manuals to obtain current, accurate specifications of materials, supplies and tools;
- Establishes control procedures to assure the security of warehouse stock and other items located at stores/warehouse locations.
- B.A. Degree in Procurement, supplies management, logistics, supply chain management or related fields from recognized university
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience in inventory management system and storekeeping methods, procedures in receiving, storing, and issuing a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment;
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing working effectively, especially for taking oral and written instructions and following established procedures;
- Ability to work with a computer and having experience using IFMIS as well as other inventory software, and Microsoft Office applications;
- IT based methods for inventory control, acquisition and re-ordering, including bar code scanning systems;
- Principles and techniques of office administration and supervision;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work with people in different departments and handle multiple tasks;
- Attentive to details with high level of accuracy;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to adhere to all principle of confidentiality and impartiality (Not being a member of any political party);
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Fluency in English and Amharic required (written and spoken).
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE INVITED TO SEND NON-RETURNABLE:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post and updated CV
- Three work related referees
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through hr.dept [at] nebe.org.et
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
- Those who are interested can only apply via email within 10 days from this announcement.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!