It is known that the National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) has drafted and approved a directive that allows it to grant accreditation and follow up political parties based the authority it was bestowed by the Ethiopian Electoral, Political Parties Registration, and Election’s Code of Conduct Proclamation 1162/2019 and the National Electoral Board of Ethiopia Establishment Proclamation No.1133/2019.
As a result, for the coming ten days the parties fulfilling the requirements and willing to present party agents who will observe the Voter Registration (VR) can do so by using the forms provided. For the parties competing in the regions mentioned below, accreditations can be collected from the offices indicated here.
Somali Region – NEBE’s office in Somali Region
Harari Region – NEBE head office
SNNPR – NEBE head office
On the election day, more accreditations will be provided in every constituency.
Documents required to get party agent accreditation license
1. A filled out form showing the list of party agents, the constituency that they operate in, and their type of representation.(the form can be acquired from the office of the Board).
2. A document of oath signed by the party official that shows the agents are legal representatives of the party and that they abide by the law. (the form can be acquired from the office of the Board).
3. A letter of request signed by the party official that shows the number of constituencies and the number of agents the parties demand. Additional information
• Party agents need to fulfill the following requirement i.e. he/she
1. must be an Ethiopia national
2. must be aged 21 or above
3. shouldn’t have his/her rights to vote stripped off by the law
4. must not have any ill-mannered personality
5. must be literate
6. must not be registered as a candidate
A party can only present its agents in the constituency that it is running in and can present up to seven nonstationary and two stationary agents.
National Election Board of Ethiopia