The National Elections Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) is constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections and administer political parties. NEBE is currently undergoing through institutional reform. The principal reason for undergoing institutional reform is to enhance the credibility and capacity of the institution and conduct a free, impartial and credible election.
Based on Proclamation 1133/2011 adopted to re-establish NEBE, five full-time board management have been recruited; additionally, this Proclamation has made provision for a secretariat and deputy secretariat to manage the NEBE main secretariat. To that end, the NEBE wants to recruit a competent and qualified individual for this position.
- NEBE Board Chairperson
- Provide oversight of the NEBE’s support service departments such as finance, procurement, human resources and asset management;
- Develop a strategy to enhance the effectiveness of the NEBE support service departments;
- Develop and monitor implementation of an annual work plan for the NEBE support service departments;
- In collaboration with the NEBE management board, monitor the support service departments’ performance to ensure that it is done in a coordinated manner with the main NEBE duties;
- In consultation with the NEBE Chairperson, develop the NEBE board members meeting agenda;
- Record minutes of NEBE management board meetings and maintain other relevant documents;
- Share decision of NEBE management board to relevant actors;
- Coordinate the relationship of the NEBE with other institutions;
- Prepare and present periodic Secretariat activity and budget reports to the NEBE chairperson; and
- Perform other duties assigned by NEBE chairperson.
- Respect the NEBE’s main principles of performing in a free, impartial and fair manner;
- Solid grasp of democratic institutions principles;
- Readiness to perform in a participatory and inclusive manner;
- Ability to write and speak the federal working language and English; knowledge of additional international and local language will be an asset;
- Sufficient knowledge and experience in management, human resource management, finance, and procurement processes;
- Knowledge of government institutions working procedure and willingness to create a conducive work environment and to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to express ideas clearly, work in a team environment and create an environment that fosters good working relationships;
- Basic information technology and computer skills;
- Ability to professionally represent and negotiate on behalf of the NEBE;
- Ability to provide decisions based on information and analysis;
- Willingness to adhere to the NEBE Code of conduct:
- Ability and willingness to entertain new ideas and oversee complicated issues:
- Ability to manage stressful situation and meet very tight deadlines:
- Excellent knowledge and experience in organizing and ability to confidently work in a team environment;
- Master’s degree in academic areas such as public administration, law, business management, logistics or any major related to the subjects and have a minimum of 12 years’ experience;
- Experience working in government institutions, civil society organizations or international institutions;
- Strong technical knowledge in finance, human resource management and logistics;
- Not be a member of any political party;
- Good ethical and moral standing; and
- Ready to serve the public.
Those who meet the stated requirements may apply by summiting the below stated documents via - electionsethiopia [at] gmail.com
- Educational credentials:
- Work experience:
- A one-page statement and CV of the applicant's / applicant's suitability and interest for the job.
- REFERNCE of two persons and their telephone address;
Salary - by agreement
Employment Type - Contract
Valid application must include all documents sent in a single e-mail.
The English version of the post requirement can be found on the following link.