The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is working to boost its’ institutional strength with a special focus on enhancement of human resource capacity. Accordingly, NEBE would like to invite applicants for Political Parties Liaison Officer position who meet the following requirements to apply.
Required number: One
Reports to: The Political Parties’ Department Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
- Interface with political parties’ council, women political party leaders and members forum;
- Support and facilitate activities related with inter party dialogue;
- Handle complaints from political parties to get quick resolution;
- Must act as a link between NEBE offices and political parties;
- Respond promptly to political parties’ queries and provide requested information and document;
- Prepare relevant edit correspondences, communications, and other documents;
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondences related with political party complaints;
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents as assigned by the manager;
- Responsible for collecting and organizing data;
- Report to management on timely basis.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree) in International Relations or Political Science, Management, Business Administration, Law, and related fields
- A minimum of 4 years work experience
- Basic knowledge of the electoral cycle, election activities and stakeholders of elections (parties, observers, media etc.).
SKILLS & COMPETNCIES
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality and impartiality (Not being a member of any political party);
- Conduct self with integrity and function ethically;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to conduct independent research and analysis;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivation, preparedness to work off-time;
- Ability to work with multi stake holders;
- Fluency in English and Amharic required (written and spoken).
Interested applicants are invited to send non-returnable:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post and updated CV
- Three work related referees
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through hr.dept [at] nebe.org.et
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.
- Those who are interested can only apply via email within 10 days from this announcement.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!