The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is working to boost its’ institutional strength with a special focus on enhancement of human resource capacity. Accordingly, NEBE would like to invite applicants for Civic and Voters Education Expert position who meet the following requirements to apply.
Required number: One
Reports to: The Civic and Voters Education Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
The Civic and Voters Education expert will support implementing NEBE’s civic and voter education strategy. S/he is also responsible for supporting the implementation of a Civic and Voter Education program, responsibilities will include, day to day assistance with production and dissemination of Civic and Voter education materials, reviewing the standards and requirements to select, accredit and register civil society organizations to provide civic and voter education, documentation and evaluation. Moreover, provide support to CSO’s in everything they came across when they engage in the implementation and beyond.
- Assist with production and dissemination of civic and voter education materials translated into local languages and help monitor quality of implementation;
- Ensure quality of training modules and related materials and plans and support the rolling out of training to the regions;
- Ensure information related to the department is well captured and organized;
- Support the department in preparation of departmental plan, monitoring and evaluating implementation and preparing report for concerned bodies;
- Using the approved standard, evaluate the teaching materials developed by the CSO from the manual and approve case by case;
- Facilitate the translation of various documents relevant for the voter education program;
- Ensure the completeness of their files and screen their applications for accreditation;
- Conduct monitoring and follow up work with CSO’s, regional branch offices;
- Engage with governmental, international and non-governmental stakeholders that provide support, license and approval on the general concept of the project;
- Provide up-to-date information the program leader with regards to the project regularly and when needed;
- Engage in annual planning exercise as well as regular quarterly report to the House of People’s representative especially related with the CSO accreditation activity;
- Collaborate with other experts in the Civics and Voter education department and provide support when requested by the program leader;
- Perform other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree) in Civics Education, Political Science and International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Pedagogical Studies, Communications and Journalism and related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience out of which 2 years on related fields.
SKILLS & COMPETNCIES
- Experience in the development and delivery of public education and information programs in an election context, or relevant equivalent experience working with civil society organizations and implementing projects;
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality and impartiality (Not being a member of any political party);
- Have a good understanding of the monitoring and evaluation activity, project implementation and task;
- Able to work under pressure and have willingness to put extra hours to meet deadline;
- Have good computer skill;
- Have good problem-solving skill;
- Have good organization skill;
- Fluency in English and Amharic required (written and spoken);
- Other local languages would be a plus.
Interested applicants are invited to send non-returnable:
- Application letter that explains why you fit for the post and updated CV
- Three work related referees
- All material sent to Human Resources Department, by email through hr.dept [at] nebe.org.et
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening
- Those who are interested can only apply via email within 10 days from this announcement.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply!